Monday, May 08, 2006

The Pebble Chaser Poses an Interesting Question

“So, we all have the same Sense... What are you doing about it? Anything? Nothing? Why and what?”
Heidi

That is the question she asked in response to the comments to this post of hers.

Well if you have not read it go read it. I can wait… Are you back? Good. Now to answer her question.

This answer goes deep for me. It has a lot to do with my calling and why I consider myself one of His modern prophets. As I mentioned over at Heidi’s there is a big caveat of “IF” in my calling. It is a lot like Jonah’s that way. He was called to preach to Nineveh, and tell them G_d was going to destroy them. Well I was told that He is going to revive his church and make it pure again. This was going to be accomplished one of two ways either His church will willingly come back to Him and follow His word or He will scatter the church in a great persecution that will separate those who are simply “playing church” from those who have sold out their lives for Him. The first time I heard this I was a lot like Jonah and ran. Unlike Jonah, I did not run because I wanted it to happen, it was because I felt unworthy of such a task. I have been rebuffed many times before when I left the “party line” in the churches I attended. I ran for years, sometimes acknowledging his call and then running again when times got tough. The funny thing about running is you cannot outrun G_d. When you turn around He is right there nudging you, coaxing you, and loving you. You just cannot escape.

Well enough background, my calling is to teach and inform those who will listen that this is event is going to happen. We still have time, but I am afraid that the persecution is the most likely scenario. Our churches have embraced the view that it does not matter what sin you are committing it is forgiven and you can live your life like you want as long as you accept the gift of salvation by believing. That is one very appealing message, I can cheat, lie, fornicate, commit and keep committing my sin of choice but still get into heaven as long as I accept Jesus as my savior. The problem with this message is it is only half right. While Yeshua will meet us where we are He does not expect us to stay there. When I said in my last post that accepting the gift was a life changing experience I was talking about the fact that when we accept the gift we also accept His lordship over our lives. In a sense this means what I have said before. We are to die unto ourselves, take up our cross and follow the guidelines he has set forth in his Word. Does this mean that we lose our salvation if we falter in our walk? No it does not. We will all fall and require G_d to pick us up, dust us off, and set us back on the path from time to time. But it does mean that the unrepentant sinner is cut off from His fellowship.

Now as to what I am doing. First and foremost I am trying to spread the word. Second I am learning more about just what does it mean to take up our cross and follow Him. The more I learn the more I understand why it is that the church is in need of real revival. The history of His chosen people is rife with times he scattered them for their lack of faithfulness and we are in that same position now. Our tolerance of heresy in the church doctrines and desire to live worldly lives rather than a life dedicated to Him falls in line with the times before the Hebrew people have been scattered. The one thing some may not understand is I am doing nothing to prepare for calamity. My first thought is that would be admitting defeat before I even start, the second is that I have to lean on Yeshua for my family’s provision. Ultimately our provision comes from Him, and putting up stores would be a lack of faith upon my part. This is not something I recommend for everyone. Your families provision for the future is between you and Yeshua, do not base it upon my understanding of the Holy Spirits directive to my family and myself. There could be a hard road ahead of us, but if each of us prepare as we are directed to, then not only will we get through it we will prosper.