Friday, April 07, 2006

A Little Blessing

Samuel was a ray of hope. Birdie and I had thought for some time that we could not have any more children. When we found out she was pregnant with him there was much rejoicing because we longed to have more (and we still do). Birdie had finally gave every last bit of her desire up to Yeshua (something I had already done) and then He blessed us. He was the most opinionated baby we have ever had. He liked having room and would fight for it. If we pushed him he would push back. He especially liked being talked too, and would reposition himself just to listen. He also had opinions on what kind of music we listened to. In the short time he was here he was a great blessing to the entire family and we will miss him dearly.

Thank you everyone who have prayed for us, we are really feeling the love here. It is by His grace alone that I am still functional right now, which is a good thing as the other four need their dad. I think that the hardest part is planning a funeral at I time when we should be experiencing joy. We are close to finalizing the plan but it is just harder than I could imagine. He will be buried with family out in Jefferson, TX.