Monday, April 10, 2006

Thank You

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers. I also wish to thank those who put up prayer requests on their blogs. They have meant a lot to Birdie and I over the past few days and will go into the memory box we are putting together for Samuel. Today was a rough day for me as it was the first day back at work after losing Samuel. I am not sure when things will get easier, but I am sure He has a plan and I am holding onto His promise that He would not forsake us. Yet is still hard not to question Him at this time because the loss seems senseless. Why bring us to such heights of joy and expectation only to have them dashed on the rocks? The answer to that question I doubt I will have this side of Heaven.

I also ask you to continue praying for Birdie as we found out in all of this that she has type 2 diabetes. She may have had this long before the baby was conceived and we never knew. We do believe that this was not a contributing factor to Samuel’s death, as the doctor did not think it was, but it is a continuing health concern for Birdie.