Monday, August 21, 2006

Because You Care

Well I have been out of a full time job for about a month now. So far none of my interviews have gone well. One of the things I am looking at is sales. One of the things that has surprised me is I seem to have a natural ability to sell stuff. I am good with customers in that I have learned to listen to them and their needs so that I can determine what it is that they want.

With that said the company that my brother used to work for as a mechanic contacted me about joining their sales force. I have been playing phone tag with them ever since. I like this company as they have a different approach to selling than 95% of other car sales companies. Please be praying that the phone tag will end. With cars in mind please be praying about our car situation. My car is currently down for the count with a broken timing belt this is on top of the fuel pump I knew was bad that I replaced over the weekend. Birdies van is also down. My brother seems to believe that a crank position sensor is bad causing the engine to think it is not running so the thing will not start. We put a new one in but it still wont start. It was over 100 outside while he was working on it so he has not finished the work yet. He thinks it just needs to be aligned properly. In the mean time he has loaned me his truck. It has no air conditioning so it will be hot to drive but at least I can get to work he also gave us some money to help buy food.

I also have been contacted by the Texas Workforce Commission about three industrial maintenance positions please be praying about that as well.

I know that G_d is providing for us it just seems that it only comes in the nick of time. We are getting some help from a local charity right now and that is hard to swallow. I know it is a pride thing, but I can't seem to get over it. Well that seems to be about it for now, I will let you know how things go in the near future.