Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Way

Birdie has a friend who runs an e-mail loop sending out information on matters of government and Christianity. She is a wonderful sweet woman, but sometimes I wonder if she reads everything she sends out, and if she does, does she believe it. Most of the stuff is conspiracy theory or expositions of one form of heresy or another. While my calling as a prophet is to preserve that which is true, and I think that is what the writers in question are trying to do, I think that many of these people are missing the mark. It seems to me that based upon what I have seen from these writers is that if you do not follow every tenant of their denomination you are a heretic and an unbeliever. How do they know they are right?

The thing is that there is only one way. Yeshua is that way. He said He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that no man would come to the Father except through Him. It is a shame that some have turned that to mean something more than what it says. It has become the Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, or whichever of several hundred denominations you wish to insert are the way. It grieves me to see this. Yeshua made it clear how we as individuals are to get to the Father. It is simple, why do we make it so hard?