Friday, June 02, 2006

I Stand Corrected

“It has nothing to do with us. There is a popular Christian song with the title, "What Can I do For You My Lord." We can do nothing for God. In reality, God works out His will through us. I has nothing to do with us as all.

My problem is that I want to help God. I cannot help God because if I were to assist, it would never be perfect. Can I make a difference in the world or make a difference in my life or make a gesture toward God that He has not already prepared me to make?

I am here to do the good works that He has prepared for me to accomplish before the foundation of the world. Maybe if I sat back and enjoyed the ride I would find more contentment in my relationship. Instead, I want to be the one in control and I know where that leads, in the wrong direction.

I know what you mean, and it comes from our Judeo Christian work ethic from the 1500's. The problem is: we can not work for God, He works through us.”

Jimmie has a good point, but then what are mentors for? I think maybe my last question was not worded correctly. The first two were definitely more about an evidence of Yeshua in our lives and somewhat redundant. The third had to do with our willing submission to His will. The fourth, in retrospect, while looking like a good question to ask could be construed the way Jimmie saw it. The real question should be: Are we dying unto ourselves each day, taking up our cross, and following Him. Is it evident in our lives that we have submitted to Him and doing whatever it is he would have us do. In a sense giving up our selfish desires to do His will and become the instruments for His plan he meant for us to be? Jimmie is right our own pathetic attempts will only meet with eventual failure, but if we allow Yeshua to guide our moves and submit our will to His we can do miraculous things.


BTW if you have not been to his blog it is definitely worth the time to read what he has to say.