Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Why I am not a Republican

I woke up in a good mood today. All was right with the world; I checked my blog for comments then as has become my habit I went and checked out what Billy D wrote today. Bad move, it ruined my day. It is over the kind of garbage that Billy wrote about that turned me from a diehard republican to simply a conservative with no real party.

We had 194 republican congressmen vote (unsuccessfully) against an amendment to HR 3132. This amendment turned a good bill protecting children from predators into a politically correct pile of garbage. When the vote for the bill came up only 29 republicans voted against it. I do not get it. If you can stand up and vote against the amendment why not vote against the bill that has been ruined by that amendment. If the 194 that voted against the amendment had stood up and had some backbone told the country that this was a bad bill that they could not in good conscience vote for and offer up a good alternative people would have listened. Republicans have lived to long as cowards. It is time for action. It is time to take back the country our forefathers envisioned.

I should have known better after 1995 when they did not fulfill the contract. I never again will fall for the promise of smaller government, as I do not believe it will come without violent revolution.