Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Dream

My friends I am going to share something personal. Ever since I was a boy (11-12) I have had one dream. It has evolved some over the years but the basic dream stays the same. You see I have wanted to either own a ranch or run one. My most selfish reason would simply to be around horses. This is how I felt when I was younger. My parents had land and we kept some horses until I was 17. I took care of them, rode them and felt most at peace with the world when I was working with them. Ever since we lost the ability to keep horses I have felt a small part of me is missing.

Now G_d has changed that desire somewhat. You see He has given me another desire in my heart. I have a desire to help children that have been hurt, abused, are alone, basically the ones left behind in life, especially boys. Well the two have merged into one; I have a dream to start a horse ranch where young children can learn about G_d’s love, and about growing up loved, all in learning to care for a horse.

I recently read a book about a family that is doing something similar up in Oregon. It is the only ministry like it in the world. They take in abused horses and have disadvantaged, sick, or even children whose family is just down on their luck and have them help rehabilitate these horses. The stories are heart wrenching. Check them out and if you can please support them. Who knows someday I may be in their shoes.

Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch