Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Word

An incident happened over at Crystal Lake’s blog recently, and has had me thinking. At first I was quite mad at the person involved. After some time to distance myself from the event and time to reflect, I am more concerned for this person’s spiritual well being.

You see there is a group of people out there that I like to say is too “educated” for their own good. Now having an education is not a bad thing, but when that education replaces faith that is when it becomes a problem. You see I have a basic understanding of the Word. It is inspired, infallible, and complete. In my opinion you cannot claim to be a Christian and claim otherwise. My claim is backed up by these verses in the scriptures:

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:15-17 KJV


Even without the scripture to back it up logic would dictate that the scripture would have to be the true Word of G_d. If it is not then everything that we believe is in vain. This is one of the tactics that the enemy has used for thousands of years. If one point could be proven wrong then all of it could be said to be wrong. The Word is His Word period. AMEN