Sunday, September 18, 2005

NASCAR

I know I am going to take some hits on this. I have been a NASCAR fan for about 10 years. I came to like a certain young driver who was professing to be Christian, was winning A LOT of races and winning championships. If you have not guessed who that is by now his name is Jeff Gordon. Now since that time things have happened to tarnish his reputation. Namely his very public divorce. He, as a lot of famous people do, cheated on his wife. For that I have had problems with my support of his carrier. There are a lot of good drivers out there now, but not one that has struck me as someone I could support. I know some of you people are going give me some of their picks and here are my takes on a couple:

JR.: VERY overrated would only be a mediocre driver if his daddy were still here. Fan base only there because of his daddy. (Currently dodging beer cans from die-hard fans)


Smoke(Stewart): Very good driver, but I can’t get past the arrogant in your face attitude if he is not winning.


Most other drivers seem to have moments of greatness only to fall back into the pack. The only driver that I even like a little bit is rookie Kyle Bush. He still has a lot to prove but has the skills to go far if he can hone them. He drives for a good owner so he will not have to worry about not getting good cars, so we will see. Make your case and I will weigh each one on their own merit.