Thursday, June 29, 2006

Yeshua is Real

My friend Roland mentioned something over at another blog I frequent. I will not link to it because an atheist runs the blog in question. While I as a general rule have no problem with atheists his site is not for the feint of heart. Roland was curious about my encounters with Yeshua. Shortly after that another person I have been conversing with (Luke) expressed interest in my encounters as well. I sure hope I do not disappoint people because it is not as spectacular as you would think.

I do not talk about it much because even in Christian circles I get looked at very strangely, mocked, or downright ridiculed. These encounters are why I know beyond a shadow of a doubt He is real. I wish I could say that it was something spectacular like Moses’ burning bush but it was not. The first encounter was quiet, restful and a sensation of the most overwhelming peace and love I have ever encountered. He did not talk to me then, that is not what I needed. After the first time He talked to me I ran for about ten years from what He was asking of me. It was a quiet voice but powerful. There was no denying who was talking to me. It scared the crap out of me; I wanted no part of it. I was content to live my life with my little family and not be interjected into things I did not understand and did not want to know. All I have to say is I do not recommend running after He has called you. The hounds of Hell have nothing on the hounds of Heaven. He was relentless in His pursuit no matter how far I tried to run He was there cajoling, pressing, and loving. Once I gave up the cat and mouse game with G_d He started telling me He wanted me to be one of His prophets for this time. I was impressed with his sadness over His church. His church has lost its first love and He wants her back. He will do whatever it takes to bring her back to Him, even if it means that he scatters the church to the wind. I fear the repercussions of this. In the past when G_d did this to Israel He all but destroyed them. My job is to prepare those who will listen for this time in hope that a true awakening will happen and the purging will be unnecessary.

I do not think that my encounters with the Living G_d are all that unusual, but my church background is Baptist and they seem to have a disregard for anything in the supernatural realm, heck they would balk at my prophet status. The reason that I do not think my story is all that unusual because my wife has talks with G_d on a much more regular basis that I and He has given her a vision that have not only comforted her, but had been the basis for healing in her life.

Yet the supernatural is not just the realm of G_d. The enemy is there as well and the one vision I have had was part of a lie to get me off of the true path. Once a person is saved Lucifer has no real power over that person but he can still work his deceptions. When I had the vision I thought it was from G_d and I nearly followed it. It promised of a great ministry with lots of glory. The thing I did not realize was that the glory in the entire vision was mine not once was Yeshua lifted up it was always me. That is what G_d used to show me it was not from Him.