Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I am Impressed

We had some good comments on the post about music being the one thing that got me out of the legalistic crowd. The one thing that got me was we focused on the music and not the real point of the post. I was purposely vague about what I like as far as music goes, although anyone who has read my blog for long could glean that from my lyric posts. The real point was in the last paragraph and Heidi was the only one who seemed to have gotten it. She also added a valid point. We need to study and know what is true so that when we see what is not we will know it.

Heidi’s comment also makes me want to add a disclaimer on my blog. I make the claim of being a modern prophet, but I want you to understand I am not the authority, I am only the conduit. I am still human and prone to mistakes, and sin. DO NOT TAKE WHAT I SAY TO BE THE FINAL WORD! Look it up yourselves, study the Word and see if what I say lines up, if it does not call me on it. I am not afraid to be wrong and I will not chastise someone who can point out that I am wrong. As a mater of fact I would be grateful to someone who could show me that I am truly wrong, but be prepared to back it up. Do not be a lazy Christian and accept what I say as the gospel without first going to the Word and verifying it.

Note: I am quite eclectic when it comes to music, but it has to meet one criterion for myself. It has to glorify G_d. Not all music that does not is bad; I just find I can’t listen to it. It sets me on edge for some reason.