Sunday, November 06, 2005

Yeshua Provides

To say that the past month has been difficult for us financially speaking would be an understatement. As I have stated before, I work as a contractor doing quality control testing on medical instruments. Due to the year end slow down the contractors were asked to take some days off basically reducing my pay for the month by over $500. This on an already tight budget. We were able to scrimp and pinch pennies to the point of being able to pay our rent and have a little left over for food. The catch was that I could not pay the electric bill (other than rent my biggest bill). I was trusting Yeshua to provide the way to pay the bill. Rent and electricity are due at the same time ( I always end up paying electricity late due to it). TXU sent out a cut-off notice demanding payment in full for two months (standard practice for TXU) by the 14th I could not pay before the 16th. TXU would not budge on the date ( Have I mentioned I hate TXU?). After work last night (on my new second job) I went and talked to my landlord and told her what was going on and she told me not to worry about it, pay the electric bill and then pay her the rent on the 16th when I get paid (Have I mentioned I have a great landlord?) . :)

On to the other provision for us. Due to our budget problems Birdie and I discussed me getting a weekend job to help make ends meet. I have tried from time to time to do this with little success. I was about at the point of thinking I may have to do the unthinkable and get one of those fast food jobs. That still small voice told me to try one other place. I applied there and inside of a week I had a job. I started Friday. The cool thing is that once I am out of training I have the potential of making more per hour than my “day” job, as this is a consultive-sales position in the home improvement department at Sears.