Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Just Thinking

It has been a while since I posted anything new here partially because I have been studying, partially due to getting into a debate on Halloween over at Evil Squirrel’s blog. I spent way too much energy on a futile effort. (Just a note, never debate someone who will not even read the facts put before them.)

I want to thank all of you for your support and prayers that have been offered so far. Taking up this mantle has not been easy. I forget sometimes that people do not want to hear a message that asks them to step outside of themselves. It is real easy to forget when the people you normaly talk to agree with you. My little debate just reminded me that some people are more comfortable in their complacent skins. How quickly I forget that I was there recently myself. Pray that the Lord uses this to soften my heart and be more understanding of those who are not yet ready.

I also want to ask my readers a question. Due to my time as a Jonah I have not darkened the door of a church in a couple of years. I am being more and more convicted of my need to be involved in a church body for instruction and for fellowship. I also feel led to interview the pastor of any possible church I may join. In that light I would ask you if you were sitting face to face with a prospective pastor what is the most important question you would ask? I have a list almost completed and decided this would be an interesting exercise.