Thursday, November 10, 2005

Questions for a Pastor

I was asked if I was going to post my list of questions for a pastor. I got some very good advice from everybody. Here is my list as I have it now I may add to it in the future, but I think I can get the feel for a church and a pastor off of these questions.

1. Where do you stand on the inerrancy of scripture?

2. What do you believe concerning the blood of Christ?

3. Who or what is the bride of Christ?

4. What is your take on corporate family worship? Do you allow well-behaved children in the sanctuary during services?

5. What are the roles of the pastor and deacon within a local church body?

6. How do you see the different spiritual gifts mentioned within the Bible and are they still used today?

7. In the Bible, Jesus mentions that those that follow Him will do the things He has done and greater things. What is your take on this?

8. If you find a discrepancy between what the denominational convention says and what the Bible says, which is more important to you?

9. Have you or has your church been through the “40 days of purpose”? Do you follow the teachings of Rick Warren?

10. What is your position on Biblical education? Do you think it is a requirement that a minister go through seminary or are alternative methods acceptable (such as mentoring)?