Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mentoring

When getting a biblical education I have always considered an approach more in line with the biblical model set by the apostles than what is considered the normal path through seminary. While seminaries can churn out a lot of “ministers” I am very concerned about the quality of that education. Things ranging from students who are looking at ministry from a strictly employment angle to professors who teach unbiblical dogma are my concerns. In light of this I started praying for someone to mentor me. Very soon after that Birdie sent me some e-mails from someone on one of her e-mail loops. After reading some of his writings I was “told” I should contact him. After contacting him I have found that he agrees with me on the issue of the seminaries and has agreed to mentor me. I am sometimes amazed at how G_d works things out.
This is what he has said about himself:
“I am reformed in my theology and extremely conservative theologically. I am irreverent, sarcastic and critical of almost all institutionalized Christianity. If it is not Biblical, I want nothing to do with it.”
His name is Jimmie Kresh he has been a youth minister, is called to be a pastor, and is currently writing several books. He also has a blog and I thought you would like to check him out.


Jimmie W Kresh