Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Up until now I have been pretty quiet about the events in the area that was hit by Katrina. Partially out of shock and partially out of concern for the family members we have in the area. They all lived in the Washington county area of LA. Which is located in the northern part of the toe of the boot. My wife is of Acadian in decent and still has family down there. We have not heard if they are ok as of yet.

What bothers me is that for all of the complaining that has been going on over the lack of response from the government in N.O. it seems that all of the other people have been forgotten. We hear very little news from those areas. I think it is mostly because these people have been the epitome of what to do in a disaster. They have helped each other, not waited for a government handout, and not started killing each other.

This is one of the stories that helps me believe what I think.