Thursday, October 19, 2006

I am Back

Well, I have returned from the Panhandle of TX and I am suffering from Internet withdrawal. I took the company laptop with me in hopes of being able to check on my blog and e-mail while i was gone, but i will not have a user name and password for the company computers until I have been with the company for 90 days. The tech I went with refused to allow me access to the computer. I really need to get my laptop fixed.

If there was anything I have against this company is their trust issues. It appears the only thing I will be trusted with before my probationary period is over is my tools and the company truck. I will not have a company credit card or access to the company computers without asking someone to log on the computer for me. I can tell this is going to get real old before my 90 days are up. I am not sure what has prompted this policy, but it is aggravating.

Questioning my expertise is going to get old, too. We came upon a difficult problem while we were at this job site and only after looking for what appeared to be one problem, I realized we were just chasing our tails and realized the issue was a totally different one that would have the same effects. This was knowledge carried over from past experience working in this type of industry and one they will not have a lot of problems with due to the fact they do not use much of this in their analyzers. My boss would not believe the problem was not a leak. I know leaks; leaks are easy to detect and fix. There was no leak. On the other hand the type of tubing being used will permeate over time and create some of the same effects in this analyzer as a leak would. The only problem was that the parts kits did not contain any of this tubing. An oversight I will correct. Well my family needs me and I need to quit venting

Labels: