Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The New Job

Well I started my new job today and to say the least like most first days it was boring. I spent most of my day reading manuals, signing paperwork, asking questions, and trying to not get in the way. Tomorrow I will get my hands on an actual analyzer and get into the real learning. It will probably be a month before I get started traveling and that is when the real work begins. I am quite confident that I will catch on quickly and be their #1 tech. Not too difficult a feat considering there are only two of us and the other guy is green.

The only concerns were the background check and drug test and it appears that I have come through that gauntlet as I received an e-mail from the Texas Workforce Commission (where I found the job posted) congratulating me on getting the job and deactivating my account. Is that cool or what? One thing I will lament is the lack of ability to get on-line while I am traveling. My lap-top is down right now and it is looking like I won't get it fixed before the beginning of the new year. The only problem is that the CD/DVD drive crapped out and I tried restoring some stuff that took out the operating system. If I can get the drive fixed I can reload the software and then take it with me when I travel.

Labels: