Thursday, September 01, 2005

What I Believe

After having praised my wife I thought that I should let you know just what I believe.

1. I am a "born-again" follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.
2. I believe that the Bible is the holy, inspired, infallible, complete word of G_d.
3. I believe that Jesus is the Son of G_d and he came to earth to die and be resurrected in order to provide a way for G_d's holy justice to be satisfied, and restore us to a living and loving relationship with the creator of the universe.
4. I believe that G_d is still at work on this planet doing as He wills through His children, including the working of miracles.

These things although basic (and will get covered more at length in the future) are my foundation. All other things are debatable as to how the Word is interpreted.

Now politically my beliefs have changed quite a bit over the past year. A year ago I would have told you that I was a staunch republican. After examining what I believe, I cannot say that I am a republican any longer. I am very conservative, and I lean more towards the libertarian each day. Basically I believe in a very small federal government and a small independent state government as well. A man should be allowed to live his life as he sees fit without interference unless what he is doing infringes on another man's rights.