Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen We Will Now Return to our Regularly Scheduled Broadcast

I am through with going over to The Harbor and discussing this issue. All parties involved are in the wrong to some extent or another. They are entrenched in their own worldview and will not listen to a voice of reason. After some fervent prayer I was directed by the Spirit to these two posts by Patrick Mead and my prayers were answered. The first is called “Proving it…” and the second is “Who Makes The Call”. I have done what was expected of me and it is now His time to work in the lives of the parties involved.
This is my view on things after I waded through this morass:

Brother Randy Haney has his heart in the right place in wishing to start an outreach ministry to the lost in his community including the GLBT community. But he seems to be blinded by friendship to the problems presented by Rev. Wendy Bailey. This is a shame because if it were not for Ms. Bailey I could support this ministry.

The SBTC while not blinded to the problems with Ms. Bailey was wrong in how they handled this problem. Instead of quietly allowing the church congregation to choose to go with the vision of their pastor and leave the SBTC because they were in violation of the SBTC by-laws, or to choose to stay in the SBTC and pursue new leadership; they were voted out of the convention without the ability to make that choice and publicly humiliated.

Finally we get to the Rev. Bailey. Regardless of the protests by Bro. Haney and herself she and her beliefs are at the center of this controversy. Once she finally showed up to the debate I was able to ask her several pointed questions on her views. To be fair they are the same questions her detractors had been asking. If she had answered the questions in the manner Bro. Haney seemed to indicate she would I would be writing a much different post today, but she was evasive and accusatory of my motivations. Basically in doing so she supported her existing writings, which I have posted in the previous post. Her discomfort with the thought that certain actions the Word adamantly explains are sins because society currently condones those actions disqualifies her from being in a leadership role in ministry of this sort. She cannot be objective enough to head up a group dealing with a very sensitive issue.

I am done. I will not go back. It is in the hands of Yeshua.


We will now return to our regularly scheduled broadcast…